> Hugo, you like science. I'm completely uninterested in
> whether the TMO used a silly photo to insinuate that
> people were actually levitating or not. That's a done
> deal, game over. The TMO not only used such photos in
> the early days of the TM-sidhi courses, they *told*
> prospective suckers in meetings in TM centers that
> people were levitating. People who had *never even
> been on one of the courses yet* said that they had
> seen this with their own eyes. (This happened repeat-
> edly in the local center that was in the National
> TM Headquarters in Pacific Palisades. I sat there
> once listening to such a sales spiel sitting next
> to a good friend who had just returned from her
> TM-sidhi course. Her comment: "He's lying. And
> furthermore he's high up enough in the movement
> to *know* that he's lying.")
>
> But here's where the "science" comes in. Several times
> on this forum I have suggested an experiment that,
> given my last-time-I-studied-it-back-in-high-school
> knowledge of physics, would prove one way or another
> whether the "flying" in Yogic Flying is due to anything
> other than muscle exertion.
>
> Simply set up high-speed cameras as TM-sidhas "known"
> for their ability to "fly" well do their program, and
> "fly." But instead of sitting on foam, they're sitting
> on a big, at-least-one-foot-deep water bed.
>
> If my physics is correct, any muscle force exerted
> downwards would be dissipated by the water in the bed,
> and they'd never budge off the surface. If they *do*
> budge off the surface in such an experiment, then
> "something good may be happening."  :-)
>
> It seems foolproof to me. So much so that one would
> think that the TMO would jump on it like Iowa farmers
> on candy corn at the State Fair. If several of their
> "frequent flyers" can get off the surface of a water
> bed, then they've proved that there may be something
> to it other than muscle exertion. If they cant, well...

I'm all for experiments like this. I think they tried
it on a sort of trapeze with rubber straps that cancelled
out body weight which would have the same effect without
getting the floor wet. It wasn't conclusive as they were
trying to measure the brainwaves and not whether they were
experiencing weightlessness. I'm sure you could build a
perfect contraption with springs or hydraulics that would
remove all doubt.

I remember when the heavenly mountain site was set up,
people were saying that the increase in coherence would
start people floating and that once one person was up in
the air we all would be! Ah, what a time of optimism that
was, I remember almost believing it. Of course, they said
the same thing when the pundit project started too. If they
don't provide some evidence soon te optimism will wear off
for the Nabluses and Willytexes of the world then the TMO
will really be in trouble...