The oceanographer quotes in the piece says: "...we are losing land to the sea."

Well, which is it?  A rising sea of land giving way and crumbling into the sea?

Again, if it is a rising sea, would it not have to rise along with "sea level"
and all the oceans of the world would be rising simultaneously?