--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> [...]

No, it's YOU who doesn't understand the concept of "sea level".  Every ocean is
at sea level.  If one interconnected body rises, all must rise.  So if, as the
article indicates, there is a rise due to rising sea level (as opposed to the
eroding of the land of the island which would have nothing to do with rising
sea level) then that would be experienced equally in NYC and LA to the rise on
that island.