--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> It is so interesting to read this kind of stuff now, being so
> outside the mindset.  I have a few thoughts about it.
> Here is where I disagree with Maharishi the most:
>
> > Now what is needed depends on an infinite number of
> > considerations, but it is a field of all possibilities,
> > because it is Ritam bhara pragya, a state of intelligence
> > which knows everything and which registers only the truth.
> > It is not deluded because it is Self-referral. Being
> > Self-referral it knows everything.
>
> This is not only wrong, it is dangerously wrong.

I wanted to reply to this yesterday but didn't
have the time to. Tonight, waiting to go out for
the biggest night of Carnavale, I do.

I think you pinpointed the crux of the situation,
Curtis. Pretty much the *whole* situation. Why
would a person claim on an Internet forum that
they know the "truth" about what someone they've
never met is "really" thinking and what his "real"
motives are? Why would *anyone* say something
that ludicrous?

They don't think it's ludicrous. And the reason
is that they were taught to believe stuff like
the "teaching" at the top. I agree with you that
it's not only wrong, it's dangerously wrong.

> It is a statement of confidence in a state of mind as a
> source of truth that needs no external testing. Funny
> that he denies that it is "deluded" because this is
> exactly how I view such a claim.

I view it that way, too. But the people who have
been taught to believe that a state of mind *can*
be a "source of truth" would probably not see it
that way. They would, in fact, assume that it was
very possible for them to achieve a state of mind
from which they personally can know the "truth."

Having accepted that, it's a very small step from
there to actually believing that they *do* know
the "truth."