Bhairitu:
> Tantrics openly advertise in Indian newpapers
> and magazines. They usually ply their trade as
> astrologers.

We are not talking about 'neo-tantra' of the sort
advertised in newspapers and magazines like the
Daily Mail.

> Many of the Indian astrologers are tantrics.

You're probably not going to be able to learn
anything about 'Vamacharya' Tantrism from them,
whether they are astrologers or not. It's just
not something you're going to learn about in
downtown London.

> And though the actual teaching is kept secret
> to preserve it's shakti the theory is openly
> discussed.

Get a book and you can read all about the Shiva
and Shakti theory, but that won't get you an
initation into the secrets of Sri Vidya tantrism
- it's more of a family secret.

> But the theory takes on greater depth with
> experience.

Kashmir Tantrism is based on experience, but the
last acharya lives in Los Angeles.

> The stuff that card and Paul are poking around
> about can easily be answered by such people.

They'd probably be the last ones to learn any
tantric secrets!

> First one has to deprogram themselves of the
> hype over Brahmananda Saraswati that Maharishi
> created.

Most everyone agrees that Swami Brahmananda
Saraswati was one of the most adept tantric yogis
in modern India. He belonged to one of the most
famous and prestigous tantric sects in all Bharat!

You already have the Knowledge of the Supreme
Awakening: All you have to do now is the simple
transcending.

Read more:

Subject: Self Realization in Kashmere Shaivism
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental