--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> Geez Nabby, I can't believe you posted Jimmy Hendrix in an attempt to insult
> Curtis. Haven't you heard Hendrix's "Stone Free & Star Spangled Banner."
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLgnY-W4pz0 He sounds like Curtis! Curtis and
> Hendrix make love making music, they're consummate chick magnets, banging out
> soul-stirring, string-busting, heart-breaking, funky fuck me blues. Curtis
> sings his heart out. Maybe he should kick it up a notch, a la Hendrix and
> smash and burn his guitar so you'll have a better appreciation of him.

Nice, thanks for posting this. But how you dare compare a genius with a
hillbilly is far beyond me.
The americans are an interesting race producing some of the most bland garbage
on this planet. Then from time to time they produce a genius who dares to do
things very differently. Sometimes only slightly, like Michael Jackson whom
your musical soul-mate curtis hates, to full fledge disciples for Masterhood
like Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, John Scofield, Keith Jarret, Marc Johnson and (to
some degree) Ry Cooder.
It's interesting that these souls have gravitated towards an incarnation in the
USA being still very much influenced by the pioneer spirit. I find this very
interesting.