From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of PaliGap
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2010 1:09 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Blog

  --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "curtisdeltablues"
<curtisdeltabl...@...> wrote:

> Not yet here in the Mid Atlantic.
>
> Which blog are you using. I need on that I can embed in my Websites. I've
heard that wordpress is better if you don't want it on their host like
blogspot.

Wordpress is like a beautiful general-purpose guitar on which
you can play in almost any style you like. But it has a tendency
to go out of tune real quick - almost every month sees a security
update, and if you fail to patch, you ARE vulnerable! And
updating is not as easy as it could be.

That's not a problem if you use their free hosted solution. And
I think you could still use that with your own domain (a subdomain)
by setting up a CNAME record in DNS (but you have to shell
out a few dollars for the privilege):

http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/map-subdomain/