Seem like old coot McCain has been bought off by big pharma proposing
this bill along with Byron Dorgan.  It would probably mean you either
wouldn't be able to get your favorite supplements or pay way too much
for them.  What every happened to the "free markets" these people
espouse?  I know the supplement firms would love some regulation so they
can be sure of the materials they are using as well as assure their
customers of the potency.  But these kinds of bills are being used to
kill the supplement industry that big pharma so hates and wants to steal
their market selling inferior products.

Do a search on "Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010" and the first up
is a link to McCain's site and under that is a link to the PDF.  In its
current state (and we know this won't last long) it is a very short
therefore readable bill.  Let's hope it just remains a PDF on the Internet.