Doesn't say anything about people buying "old homes" though.  Plenty of
those available at low prices due to foreclosure.  An interesting thing
is that the "Cap and Trade Bill" was supposed to fine $50K if someone
tries to sell a house not up to code.  What happened to "fixer uppers?"
Totally unrealistic to ask people who want to get out from under their
mortgage to try to fix up a house when they don't have the money and
maybe a new owner might have a different idea on how they'd like to redo
the house.  I would have hoped though I heard nothing about it that the
Realtor's Association would have nipped that one in the bud.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/New-home-sales-hit-record-low-apf-2245141272.html