--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000" <steve.sun...@...>
wrote:

> I must have missed this the first time round.  I am just
> trying to picture myself there in that room, going along
> with everything as though I was still dialed in, and I
> just can't do it.  John Hagelin's mannerisms, his jerky
> head movements, his cadence, are just downright weird.
> The whole scene is just downright weird.  And then
> there's, "he who doesn't say much", on His throne.  Just
> strange too.  The adulation, the patented standing O.
> It WAS a little painful to watch.  Kind of like a child
> or friend who's gone wayward.

Granted it was pretty weird, but IMHO, Jerry Jarvis is
one of the very few people associated with the TMO who
really deserves that kind of "adulation."

And what I saw wasn't about "gone wayward," it was more
like "It's about time we got him back!" It wasn't just
a perfunctory standing O; they really didn't want to
stop applauding.