> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > > Really, if Hagelin *believed* what he was saying
> > > at the end of this clip, I can imagine that he
> > > had some problems with the revelation. That he
> > > immediately sent out an email "press release"
> > > saying what he did...uh...reinforces my take on
> > > him as a "well-practiced bullshitter" above.
> >
> > You "left" the TMO more than 30 years ago, why do you care ?
>
> A reasonable question -- and one that I will
> address because I woke up in a really silly
> mood today, Sir Nabs. Caveat emptor.  :-)

Thanks ;-)

> I don't "care," in the sense that it affects
> my view of who or what I am. I "care" in the
> sense of someone who has occasionally tuned
> into the latest episode of "All My Children."
> In other words, from the point of view of a...
> uh...gulp!...former soap opera junkie.

blabla

> I have been fortunate in my consultant life, and
> have rarely spent more than a few weeks "between
> gigs" during my "on the beach" periods between
> contracts. *During* those few "on the beach" eras,
> while I was interviewing for a new contract, I
> confess to spending my lunch hours between inter-
> views at bars that showed my favorite American
> daytime soap operas.

blabla

> It's not as if you *could* interview anywhere in
> the hours between 12:00 and 14:00 (Euro time),
> right? The potential interviewers -- both in the
> HR departments and among the tech interviewers --
> were all too busy getting schnockered over lunch.
> Which is one reason I always preferred after-
> lunch interviews. Does that make me a Bad Person?

No, just adding more nonsense blabla. You might instead have expanded on your
theory where the "tallest blondes live". Would be more interesting than this.

> Anyway, during that two-hour stretch between
> potentially money-making interviews, I became...
> uh...addicted to "As The World Turns," and in
> particular its resident hariden, Erica Kane.

Blabla

> "*Supreme* Being In Denial" was Erica Kane. I once
> ran into the actress who played her in an elevator
> bound for Windows On The World, and my "short take"
> on the actress (Susan Lucci) was that she was...uh
> ...short. 5 feet 2 inches short. I had to look way
> *down* in the elevator to even notice she was there.

Blabla

> And yet she -- member of a soap opera troupe since
> the age of 23 (in 1970) -- had managed to encapsulate
> onscreen the essence of self-absorbed, all-powerful
> bitchiness such that in her industry she pretty much
> *defined* the essence of a Soap Opera Evil Queen.

Blabla

> I watch -- with unashamed glee -- the ongoing attempts
> of a spiritual movement that saw its "high point"
> back in the late 60s to appear to Still Be Relevant
> with the same sense of enjoyment that I occasionally
> still download an episode of "All My Children."

Blabla; unable to see what the TMO has done and is continuing to do all over
the world. You only scratch the surface unable to provide a relevant analysis.

Did you see "Das Weisse Band", "The White Ribbon" by Michael Haneke, Palm D'or
2009 ? You fit right into that depressing and paranoid society.

Unfortunately your thinking belongs to the past, as so many non-meditating
souls approaching 70 years of age do.

> It's a "What could I have been thinking?" thang.

Blabla