--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> -- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@> wrote:

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
<snip>
> > > OK so you are saying that saying it was interesting that
> > > it was ONLY TM people who gave is not a statement at all
> > > about non TM people not giving.
> >
> > *You* said "ONLY." I said "all."
>
> This is not a reasonable distinction.

Obviously it is in this context, because your
reading--reflected in your term "ONLY"--caused you
to think it was a slight on non-TMers.

"ONLY" is, as you said, the "flip side," the side
you focused on, the negative side, the assumption
of a slight, so you could pick a fight.

"All"--the word I used--focused on the positive side,
the fact that TMers were eager to help, contrary to
Barry's vicious slur, which bothers you not at all.
You're focused only on slights on non-TMers from
TMers. Hypocrite.

<snip>
> > Obviously you didn't ask why TMers gave because what you
> > had in mind was that they felt sorry for the poor Haitians.
>
> If that was not a part of it they are not human.  It was
> not a bad guess.  I assumed they give a shit.  Remember my
> view of TMers is that they are just ordinary people.

Not the point. Disingenuous.

<snip>

> > > It makes perfect sense and I didn't miswrite anything.
> > > It was a turn of phrase
> >
> > Which didn't make sense.
>
> We are not getting anywhere here.  It sure makes sense
> to me that TM people might care about Haitians.

Not the point. Disingenuous.

<snip>
> > > Because its flip side of your "interesting" point was
> > > that non TMers had not contributed to this specific fund.
> >
> > That was *your* flip side, not one I was pointing to.
>
> OK but I felt like making sure my own point got made.

One more time: *I* made that point before you did.
That should have clued you in right away that you
had misinterpreted my point. But then you'd have had
to give up on the fight you chose to pick, so you
managed not to notice.

> I'm pretty sure that is how it works here.  I didn't
> accuse you of anything I asked you a question.

I didn't say you accused me of anything. And your
question was obviously rhetorical; you had an
answer in mind, you weren't looking for one from
me.

Interestingly enough, you *still* haven't been
willing to state what that answer was.

> Then you demonstrated why non TM people might not want
> to get involved in your agenda with Barry.  And I don't
> give a shit who started it because there is no real start.

Yeah, there is. You just don't want to acknowledge it.

<snip>
> > > OK.  So now we both made the points interesting to us.
> >
> > Except that yours had nothing to do with mine.
>
> Yeah that's because I don't live in your head, I am
> outside here in another body with another perspective.

You mistakenly assumed it had something to do with mine
because you were looking for a fight.

<snip>
> > We all had "other channels to give," of course. But
> > since you raised the issue of non-TMers not donating to
> > the FFL fund, the question arises as to why they didn't
> > join in, why there wasn't group solidarity in helping
> > Haiti. As I pointed out, none of those who donated
> > waved the TM flag; we were waving the *FFL* flag. You'd
> > think that would be one issue we could come together on,
> > wouldn't you? Let's make FFL's contribution as big as
> > possible.
> >
> > Even if all the non-TMers had already given through
> > other channels, you'd think they could make at least a
> > token contribution to the FFL effort to jack up the total.
> > (Of course, if anyone really couldn't afford it, no
> > problem. But many here certainly could.)
>
> Your judgments are your own.  I don't share them.
> Jacking up totals may not have been on people's minds,
> it wasn't on mine.

Obviously they decided they didn't want to.

As I said:

> > I think it was because they didn't want to participate
> > in a TMer-initiated effort.
> >
> > > I'm gunna skip the usual name calling section with all
> > > the Barry is bad too parts.
> >
> > Of course you are. Hypocrite.
>
> Well I guess if that is where your TM practice has evolved
> you to I'll have to leave it at that.

You believe noticing hypocrisy is unevolved? How
con-VEEEE-nient.