--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willy...@...> wrote:

> metoo:
>
> > ...he later repudiated Vedanta
> >
> Vaishnavas have their own interpretation of
> Vedanta (those who follow the Upanishads).
>
> A Very Brief Outline of the South Asian Systems
> of Philosophy and Heterodox Epistemology:...

WillyTex:

Thanks for the list, and yes I have some familiarity with the run.  Quite a
range of choices.

As to repudiated Vedanta, Prakashanand has commented of his time as SBS's
attendant that SBS was, while Shankaracharya, still seeking enlightenment, and
that the ideal goal is not jivanmukti but, as you say, "inconceivable oneness
and difference'... and the relation of...Radha and Krishna" and as pointedly,
eternity in Vrindavan with Krisn, perhaps a sort of Christian sounding goal?

Of more interesting to me when I first came to know of the differences in the
systems was not the merit of either view, but the fact that such disagreement
exists "between the wise."  Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than
that now.