--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "WillyTex" <willytex@> wrote:
> >

> > meetoo:
> > > Of more interesting to me when I first came to
> > > know of the differences in the systems...
> > >
> > The depth of the Indian philosophical systems
> > make western philosophy seem like an ant hill!
>
> David Hume's "Dialogues on Natural Religion" are the Vedanta of Vedanta for
> me.  By exposing the intrinsic contradiction in the very concept of God as
> being omnipotent omniscient and good when compared with the state of
> suffering in the world, he freed mankind from thousands of years of
> superstitious beliefs.  We have seen explosive growth in every area of human
> knowledge that embraced this freedom.
>
> There is only one area of human knowledge left that has refused to have an
> honest discourse on whether the ideas make any sense. It is no surprise that
> this area, shielded from rational thought and objections to absurd
> assertions, produces people strapping bombs on their bodies to enter an
> imaginary afterlife.

While David Hume was magnificent, given that 90% of the known (known at
present) universe is dark matter, and 99% of the "known" universe is dark
energy (or figures equally astonishing), is there any slim possibility that
Hume's abstract theoretical paper arguments may not have been comprehensive
enough to reflect the totality  and reality of the complete universe, past
present and future?

And imaginary after life. Do you have the definitive proof its imaginary? For
me, it seems plausible, while not (easily) provable.