On Mar 7, 2010, at 11:15 PM, off_world_beings wrote:

> After all the hype, and supporters calling detractors 'blind' if they had a
> criticism of the film, Avatar only takes a few token Oscars !
>
> Good. It was a crock of cliche, over-sentimental, very forgetable junk food.
> And it only earned 1.5 billion pounds even with all the over-hyping and its
> lowest common denominator draw.
>
> Now we can move on from this pretentious montrosity of a movie.

Amen--and now maybe we won't have to waste
any more afternoons or evenings sitting
through another one of Cameron's interminable,
over-hyped, way over-produced, anti-septic,
silly "message" movies, with little heart and
even less soul, with actors who
aren't acting and a plot you couldn't find
if you had a map.  The guy doesn't direct
movies, he directs production brochures.  And
I'm just delighted the Academy agreed with
me :) and passed the Oscars on to those movies
that actually deserved it.  You know, the ones
that had all that old-fashioned stuff like plot,
acting and stories with characters people
actually could care about.

Sal