--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...>
wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2010, at 11:15 PM, off_world_beings wrote:
>
> > After all the hype, and supporters calling detractors 'blind' if
they had a criticism of the film, Avatar only takes a few token Oscars !

> > Good. It was a crock of cliche, over-sentimental, very forgetable
junk food.
> > And it only earned 1.5 billion pounds even with all the over-hyping
and its lowest common denominator draw.

> > Now we can move on from this pretentious montrosity of a movie.
>
> Amen--and now maybe we won't have to waste
> any more afternoons or evenings sitting
> through another one of Cameron's interminable,
> over-hyped, way over-produced, anti-septic,
> silly "message" movies, with little heart and
> even less soul, with actors who
> aren't acting and a plot you couldn't find
> if you had a map. The guy doesn't direct
> movies, he directs production brochures. And
> I'm just delighted the Academy agreed with
> me :) and passed the Oscars on to those movies
> that actually deserved it. You know, the ones
> that had all that old-fashioned stuff like plot,
> acting and stories with characters people
> actually could care about.
>
> Sal

Yea, and I love that it was Cameron's ex-wife that won the Oscar for
Best Picture !
Sweet revenge to all those morons who thought Avatar was more than a
pocahontas movie with more glitz.
It is like watching a bad TV series with some cool effectsd (which hhave
been done before - see the Imax movie about the ocean in 3D at an Imax
theatre - much more impressive, because it is real and even though it is
way older.)

OffWorld