--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Mar 8, 2010, at 3:41 PM, cardemaister wrote:
>
> > YS I 21:
> >
> > tiivra-saMvegaanaam aasannaH
> >
> > Taimni:
> >
> > It (samaadhi) is nearest to those whose desire is intensely
> > strong.
> >
> > Somehow I get the impression that Patañjali suggests samaadhi
> > would be "easiest" for pitta-types. Isn't pitta somehow
> > connected with rajo-guNa, which in turn is associated with
> > (strong) desire (kaama) and intensity in general?
> >
> > Heck, why would the bigwigs of TMO otherwise be called
> > 'raja-s'?? ;D
>
> The commentators on the YS obsess over "tiivra" and it's different levels in
> the discussion of the 9 different types of yogis.
>
> It has nothing to do with pitta, pita-bread or saaandwiches.
>
> Little effort = little momentum = little samadhi.

Well, just some random thoughts:

Isn't pitta associated with fire?

I think Agni (Fire) is one of the most important devataa-s
as to (mantra-)meditation. Heck, 'agni' backwards is 'inga', heh...

I seem to recall according to Yoga-kuNDaly-upaniSat, it's some
kind of Fire that wakes up Da Snake (kuNDalii) and causes
it to activate (or whatever) its female shakti, kuNDalinii! :D

BTW, could that be the "heat" produced by brahmacarya?

Just fooling around, those are not meant to be taken
too seriously...