--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, sgrayatlarge <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > In this day and age why would anyone follow a guru?
> > Enlightenment? Liberation? Burn Karma? Not likely folks,
> > wake up and smell the chai
> >
> > To quote the great GK Chesterton-
> >
> > "When Man ceases to worship God he does not worship nothing
> > but worships everything".
>
> What a fantastic quote!

G,K. Chesterton rocks! I was first turned on to him by
Christians on a Bruce Cockburn mailing list (which kinda
qualifies them as being a bit Not Yer Ordinary Christians).
One of them used to sign his posts with a .sig file from
Chesterton, which knocked my socks off the first time I
read it and does still today:

"Seriousness is not a virtue."

Chesterton is FUNNY. How many Christian philosophers can
you say that about? The man had a level of *mirth* about
him that made his deep faith in Christ and his teachings
almost lovable.