--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG" <wg...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:
>
> > If you're so sure of your position BillyGee, please give us YOUR
> > interpretation of the atrocities of mass slaughter of helpless prisoners,
> > the mass slaughter of children and the taking possession of 32,000 virgins
> > "for themselves."
> >
> > This should be good...
>

> The context has been lost in antiquity or perverted during translation; I
> don't really know what it means scripturally if anything at all. All of
> scripture is full of ambiguity due to the lapse of time and change in social
> mores.
>
> To evaluate something like that with contemporary values and understandings
> is kind of silly....

That sounds to me like a pathetically lame excuse, BillyGee. Perhaps everything
'sgrayatlarge' quoted is also "lost in antiquity or perverted during
translation," eh?

And the Ten Commandments then have also been "lost in antiquity or perverted
during translation," eh?

Or do you cherry-pick the Bible parts you like that suit your right wing
Republican biases?

Do you think Jesus would approve of torturing detaineees too, BillyGee ???