--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2010, at 6:44 PM, cardemaister wrote:
>
> > OMG! Vaj, puhleeze, read e.g. the Wikipedia
> > article on Shiva-suutras... :/
>

> Your point?

You said:

"I found your Brahmanic interpretation of the Shaiva Maheshsvara-sutra
interesting, but I find Sw. Karpatri's history more reasonable."

Speaking about "Brahmanic interpretation" of IMO purely technical
(PaaNinian) Shivasuutras seems rather nonsensical...

Wiki:

Within the tradition they are known as the ak&#7779;arasam&#257;mn&#257;ya,
"recitation of phonemes," but they are popularly known as the Shiva Sutras
because they are said to have been revealed to P&#257;&#7751;ini by Shiva (also
known as Maheshvara).