--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, tartbrain <no_re...@...> wrote:

> Was it Max Fliescher?

Yes, thanks! Although the seance with Max Planck version sounds a lot more
interesting.

Many great points in your post furthering the discussion.  I'm  not sure what I
would ascribe your perception about yagyas, but I will say that I still have it
and don't believe it means that anything profound is happening in the
environment.  I believe it is an aspect of my artistic mind and that getting a
good buzz from ceremony is a practiced skill. My complaint about yagyas is
about the claims of effecting the physical world or demonstrating how the world
really works.  As a fun party that I can enjoy them.  Most of them go on too
long for my taste however and I wouldn't pay more than a nightclub cover charge
for the privilege!

ME> > > Chopra learned from the Master well.

Tart> > And yet, he appears to be so much more real than TMO and raja types as
to M's health, status, personal doubt, etc.

I believe this is also part of his adjustment to more modern skepticism and
education.  He understands the well exposed to spirituality California mindset.
 Maharishi was still running his 1960's level of gullibility in society till
the end.  Chopra modernized it and is aware of skeptical challenges so he
qualifies his assertions more.  But he gets caught being slippery by Sam in the
debate because he doesn't have much intellectual integrity in his
presentations.  He will qualify terms into something so bland that no one could
disagree like calling God universal energy.  He tries to appear much more
rational than he is really being with his claims by invoking and misusing
science terms. So he sounds really sane about Maharishi being a normal man but
then will also claim that Maharishi had an inner wisdom about how the world
really is, a special insight that is enlightened.  He seems to make this claim
more realistic by mentioning Maharishi's faults but it is just as bold an
assertion as when a Raja makes it or claims as Domash did that Maharishi is
"nature speaking English."   Talk about jumping the shark!  That was Domash's
moment for me!