> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> >
> > This is what the sudden removal of the thousands of large
> > jets circling over the towns of southern England is like.
> > I can sit in my garden and without realizing what it is
> > that's missing I can hear what bird song actually sounds
> > like, there is a deep silence that seem to go on forever.
>
> The NY Times's The Lede blog had a poignant video someone
> made in "Garden Valley" in the U.K.--dunno where that is--
> of a blackbird singing at dawn, something he apparently
> never normally hears uninterrupted because of the jets
> flying over:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wytoOvrVCQ
>
> I grew up in New York City and was totally inured to the
> constant sound of airplanes. Where I am now on the Jersey
> Shore, there's maybe one a week or so that comes over,
> and it always feels like a big intrusion. So I can
> sympathize.

I used to live in an urban setting, near an airport, with regular flight
overhead. I sort of liked it -- it drowned out the noise of the winos and
crack-whores on the sidewalk below. (only half kidding, well maybe 3/4s -- but
definately an element of truth (for once in my postings)).

I wonder how the ducks and geese and other birds feel in the vacinity of
Heathrow.  They may be going "what ever happened to that wounderous song of the
humans? I so miss its tranquil drone and the patterns of its songs and calls.
Please neighbor bird, sign my petition to create a protected human sactuary so
we can once again hear the sweet wonderous sound of the human birds."

Humans are part of nature. Technology is part of humans' nature. Ergo the
creatures hatched from human nature -- are part of nature. "I just love the
smell of fresh laid asphalt in the morning. It smells like .. like Victory"