> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> >
> > This is what the sudden removal of the thousands of large
> > jets circling over the towns of southern England is like.
> > I can sit in my garden and without realizing what it is
> > that's missing I can hear what bird song actually sounds
> > like, there is a deep silence that seem to go on forever.
>
> The NY Times's The Lede blog had a poignant video someone
> made in "Garden Valley" in the U.K.--dunno where that is--

Somewhere in Sussex apparently, nice part of the world,
close to the south coast.

Seems like everyone is noticing this silence, I sat and
watched a cricket match on the village green yesterday
it was like travelling back in time to a much better age,
you could hear the birds in the woods from fields away.
It really is striking.

I'd love to think it's the start of a social movement
that tries to reclaim the skies for the sake of our
sanity but, realistically, the summer holidays will
start soon and it'll be business as usual.

And then work will start on the new high speed railway
that will run right past our cricket pitch with trains
every 15 mins going to Birmingham at 250mph (why?) You
can't stop progess.