On Apr 25, 2010, at 11:17 AM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony...@...> wrote:

> What say the doubters, quitters and poor in spiritual experience here to> this?
>
> Is this research no good too? Just wondering.

First of all what part of spirituality supports putting down people who don't see things your way? There is no reason to be a dick, we're just talk'n here.

Here are some questions about the research:

Who is trained in this field to evaluate the quality of the actual research? I certainly am not. So I have to rely on the peer review of the people who published it. Did you even go to their site to see WHERE it was published? The International Journal of Dream Research is a Website that has been operating for 3 years who lets members "publish" research. I have no way to evaluate the two German editor's background and their criteria for choosing research to "publish" is not given.

The question is that why would David coming from a line of early research published in mainstream publications with long histories choose this one with no reputation and unknown editors in a new Website project? And the criteria is that it not be published anywhere else which is pretty common so he must have either been rejected at mainstream outlets already or knows it will not fly under more rigorous standards.

David's publishing record has taken a kind of downward turn of late. Last article I heard of was in a pseudoscience/paranormal/UFO journal IIRC.

Talk about water seeking it's own level!