Buck wrote:

>>> As an old conservative meditator by experience my conspiracy friends I
>>> watch.  Yeah, i'd be concerned about the anger and fear some of my friends
>>> around here vex themselves with over their conspiracy theories.
>>> Spiritually it is just not good.  You can just see how they let their
>>> subtle energy systems get snagged and bawled up.  Sad really to watch them
>>> combust.   They haven't something better to do than fret and split hairs
>>> over figment completely beyond their reality?  Like they're missing what is
>>> infront of themselves & should just repent and go sit more with God in
>>> meditation.  The science is pretty clear on that.
>>>
>>> Jai Adi Shankara,
>>> -Buck
>>>
>> There is a difference between "being scared" and "being angry" and
>> especially outraged.   50 years ago if the government had done this the
>> public would have screamed "this is communism!"   That is because we
>> were told such citizen spy programs were what the communist countries
>> do.   Now if I had said that this program was "communist" Willy would
>> have be hard put to use his usual retort as, God forbid, he would have
>> sounded like a communist sympathizer.
>>
>> We know that many prisoners in Gitmo were just innocent folks that
>> people in Afghanistan turned in for the cash the US military was
>> offering.  Do you want that here?  Authoritarian governments rise on the
>> backs of their apathetic citizens.   So there is nothing wrong with
>> waking up the public.  This time the article did not first appear on the
>> so called "conspiracy" sites but on the MSM.  And in the comment
>> sections of those news outlets people were overwhelmingly opposed to
>> such a program.  Perhaps your friends just think you're an apathetic
>> boob.  Or maybe you are REALLY a communist.  After all you wanted to
>> take over FFL and control speech.  We took it as a joke but maybe you
>> were serious. I guess that would say you're a communist but since Nabby
>> reminds all the time us that communism is dead you must be a zombie. :-D
>>
>> Programs like these are security theater made to look like your
>> government is doing something.  Instead it may cause massive
>> unemployment for parking attendants as people will not be wanting to
>> hand over their keys to them.
>>

> No you missed the point with the conspiracy theories.  I'm talking about the
> folks gripped with conspiracy themselves.  In watching and listening to them,
> I start wondering is spiritual in-discipline endemic in character with TM'ers?
>
> That conspiracy stuff is fine on one level, you are obsessed and want to go
> back to your conspiracies.  I am not interested but I find the more
> interesting thing around here is the spiritual implication of the low filter
> set of spiritual discipline around the conspiracy thinking in some people.
> You don't live in Fairfield?
>
> In Fairfield if you're with 5 or so people and utter the words, "Federal
> [...]

I've been to Fairfield.  I call it "Sonoma in the cornfields" because it
is very much like Sonoma, California though I think Sonoma is much more
diverse and has diverse spiritual communities.

Sounds like some of the folks in Fairfield are paying attention to what
is going on and those in Mt. Pleasant or Ottumwa aren't.   Ignorance is
not bliss.  Sticking one's head in the sand isn't spirituality.   I've
been aware of this stuff every since the underground press reported on
it in 1960s.  Or maybe before then because I had better history and
current affairs in high school.  One gave me the assignment to write a
report on the Thu regime in Vietnam.  That was a real eye opener.

Tracking what is really going on in the world can be as exciting as a
good intrigue movie and more so because it is reality.  It may be the
folks you are criticizing and believe are "gripped" with conspiracies
theories find them too a line on water.   And probably more interesting
than last Friday's softball game.

But if some people are happy walking around Fairfield singing like Bobby
McFerrin or wearing Alfred E. Newman t-shirts I wouldn't be surprised at
all.  At one of those jyotish study groups in the late 1990s we were
doing Monica Lewinsky's chart and someone asked "who is Monica Lewinsky"
and jaws dropped.