--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutp...@...> wrote:

> > No need to reduce other paths to "Transcendental Meditation." This a habit
> > that Maharishi had that, IMHO, cultivated arrogance and separation from
> > others not doing what "we" did. The TM/ TM-Sidhi program offers a great
> > sadhana or spiritual practice, but it failed to address necessary critical
> > behaviors while on the path towards Realization. This failure to cultivate
> > these values led to the profound dysfunction of the TMO and ultimately to
> > its failure (failure is a relative term here. The TMO and MMY can also be
> > seen as very successful in other contexts). TM is not the "gold standard"
> > of spiritual practices. It simply is one of many bodies of yogic practices
> > that contributes to increasing sattva in the body/mind. I don't believe
> > there is a "gold standard" in any objective sense.
>  Also, I would like to apologize ahead of time for my reasonable tone. I
> will get shrill and irrational if that is more appropriate.

Pete, actually you'd like this.  What I notice is that as an old and practicing
spiritual group here (decades) mostly we've had to take care of ourselves over
the years the way you are talking.  Sometimes something more than what is in
the TM checking notes may be helpful.  That got done by folks here in
relationships with some of the different saints who have come through and also
some of the spiritually talented folks here locally embedded.

Often a careful reading of the back page of the Weekly Reader and the 'schedule
of events' inside can find you the services of those folks locally.   The
bigger promotional healers like Trivedi or John Douglas are visitors that way
who have been helpful.  But locally there are some folks who have been quite
helpful too to even the highest echelons of campus and TM movement people as
they have needed some help spiritually along the way.

Looking in on Fairfield the Weekly Reader is a good window to see in through.
Unfortunately it does not work on the web.  The hardcopy is quite good every
week (published on Thursdays) for mapping out the spiritual practice community
here.  There are a lot of good people who work at it and are having fine
experiences, thank you.

So, it is not like it is not happening.  TM is great as a starting point and
then there is spiritual discipline and discernment with what you do with it.
There actually has been a lot of experience of that here.  That aspect is part
of the back story.  It is an active spiritual practice place and not monolithic
at all.  You'd like it.

Jai Adi Shankara,
=Buck in FF