I'm no scholar about this.  Wiki is a good start.  My best (and almost sole)
reference is an incredible work in progress by Daniel Matt -- the brother of
David Matt, my long time TM friend -- The Zohar 1: Pritzker Edition.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Zohar-1/Daniel-Matt/e/9780804747479/?pwb=1&;

Daniel Matt's preliminary book, The Essential Kabbalah, is great for cutting
your teeth on Kabbalah.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Essential-Kabbalah/Daniel-C-Matt/e/9780062511638

I've had lunch with Daniel and got to "grill him good" about Advaita and
spirituality in general, and I came away deeply impressed with his wide angle
views.  He is quite comfortable with Advaita's concepts.

Daniel and David were fathered by a famous Rabbi on the east coast, and I'm too
lazy to look up his name, but he was a great teacher in his own right -- I've
read a number of his essays and found him very morally sobering.

All in all, not a second of one's time is wasted by Daniel.

Edg

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000" <steve.sun...@...>