From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of lurkernomore20002000
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2010 3:25 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Conversation with Mr. Chivukula

Turq:
And now Ravi's interview has quietly
> been "disappeared" from the list, so as not to somehow
> cast questions upon the other interviews, and on the
> whole concept of "ordinary enlightenment."

 Rick:
I removed it. I think each interview stands on it's own, but if I were one
> of the people interviewed, I might feel uncomfortable about being
associated
> with someone who was acting as Ravi has been. In light of Ravi's behavior,
> didn't think it appropriate to post his interview, both for the BatGap's
> reputation and for Ravi's well-being. I don't think it's healthy for him
> get any more attention or to have anything reinforce his notion that he is
> guru.
I didn't listen to the interview, so I have no idea of the content.  But,
removing it for the reasons stated sounds a little "coddling", if that's the
right word.  Coddling to Ravi, and coddling to those who visit the site.
So, what is the "reputation" of Batgap. And I say that respectfully, because
you have spent a lot of time and energy, and probably money (although I am
aware of your wife's requirement about that).
None, really. I got some donations, which I'm keeping in a PayPal account,
to defray expenses.
But how is the interview going to tarnish the reputation.  Thanks.
It's just that I want to maintain a certain quality standard, such that
people can listen at random to any of the interviews and find it worth their
while. I'm no judge of anyone's level of consciousness, so I don't expect to
bat 1000 in choosing my guests, but so far I'd say I'm batting about 900.
Once I've taped an interview, I feel somewhat obligated to the guest to air
it. I thought Ravi's interview went reasonably well, and this whole brouhaha
didn't erupt until a few days or a week after I recorded it. If others
really want to watch it, I may put it up, at least for a while. I was
thinking that if what happened to Ravi was the result of a kundalini
awakening he wasn't able to handle, and was not just the result of bi-polar
disorder, it might be interesting to interview an expert in kundalini, such
as Joan Harrington: http://www.kundalinicare.com/