Ditto to the posts below -- MMY can do whatever he wants with his org.
and I don't know anyone whining because they can't do other techniques
in the dome, which is not what the banning is about anyway.  We're
having a discussion to explain to ourselves why an org we've devoted
so much of our lives to is tragically in decline.

Actually this was more of an issue for me in the past when not only
other saints were viewed with fear and alarm, but also psychiatrists,
marriage counselors, yoga teachers, non-ayurvedic MDs, and a whole
host of other healers all under the principle "Maharishi has given us
all we need to reach enlightenment" and "You can't trust the effects
of practices not specifically approved by MMY".  Now it seems that
taking medications or seeing therapists or normal MDs to deal with
life's problems is not frowned upon as much as it used to be.  Campus
people still go to great lengths though to cover up their appts with
healers and others who offer services that could be viewed as in
competition with mmy ayurved or jyotish.