[...]
> These paths don't fear comparison to others, because
> they know that they will fare well in that comparison.
> Why is it that TM fears the same comparison?

"TM" doesn't fear anything.

BTW, if a technique is as delicate as TM appears to be to me, then ANY addition
to it might
be counter-productive, though it might not be noticed.

In fact, since goals and signposts are easy to recognize in many other
practices, and
literally impossible to recognie in TM practice with complete reliability, ALL
techniques,
measured by their own standards, will seem "better" than TM.

TM has no real standards for practitioners to measure it by so in competition
with other
practices, using their standards, TM will always "lose."

I've gotten used to losing the "competition"  over the past lifetime or fifty,
so this doesn't
bug me as much as it used to.