On May 30, 2010, at 11:09 AM, Buck wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sun...@...> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. People keep referring to his pain, saying they didn't
> > realize how intense it was. I wonder what the pain is they are referring to.
> >
> > Some comments on the other site also attempt to put the suicide in the
> > perspective that he was "needed elsewhere". I don't know if I buy that.
> >
> > Sounds like there was depression
> >

> No kidding there. Spiritual degression. Were none of those people at those
> meetings 'manditory reporters'? & long in their hands evidently, how
> responsible are Rick and Thom themselves with this young man for this outcome?

IME the "dark night" is widely valued and promoted by this (and other FF)
groups. However it was never clear if the people who had 'passed thru their
dark night of the soul' (and then promoted such experiences as valuable for
"enlightenment"/"awakening") were just people just happened to survive a
particularly bad bout of depression and were parsing their recovery from that
depression as "special" or if they were truly in some more integrated state of
consciousness. In any event, such state-chasing support groups are potential
disasters just waiting to happen. Couple that with the general TM Org-based
fear that psychiatric medication will dampen or prevent the unfolding of
"higher states of consciousness" and you have a recipe for all kinds of things.

Hopefully this will be a "wake up" call of a different kind for these groups
that pretend to dispense wisdom, but instead delve in an area where they really
have little expertise.