> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> > Well, it's deteriorating despite (and also
> > in many respects because of) the TMO's best
> > efforts to maintain the purity--not within
> > the TMO itself, but outside of it.
> >
> > Whether you think the purity of the teaching
> > is important depends on whether you think the
> > teaching is definitive, of course.
> >
> > (I'm referring here to the teaching about the
> > nature and mechanics of consciousness, not to
> > any of the subsidiary stuff, politics and
> > Rajas and so on.)
>
> MMY's main concern with "purity of the teaching" has always (at
> least how I see it) been concerning the way in which TM is taught,
> not the theoretical stuff, which he considers to be at best,
> secondary.

I should have made it clear I was including
instruction in the techniques, not just the
theoretical stuff; and as you say the instruction
is the most crucial part.  But when you begin to
mess with the theoretical stuff, it has
implications for the instruction as well, so at
least some of the basic principles are important
as well.