--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptyb...@...> wrote:

> Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear
> And it shows them pearly white
> Just a jackknife has old MacHeath, babe
> And he keeps it, ah, out of sight
> Ya know when that shark bites with his teeth, babe
> Scarlet billows start to spread
> Fancy gloves, oh, wears old MacHeath, babe
> So there's never, never a trace of red
>
> Bertold Brecht
>
> According to Ralph von Wau Wau it's all part of the application of
> political power - whether hits, misses, strident ideology or just
> opportunism.
>
> According to Mahatma Propagandhi, Joseph Goebbels, it is loyalty
> to the people, loyalty to the idea, loyalty to the movement, and
> loyalty to the master guide!
>
> "Which side are you on" is usually the final question before either
> joining someone's political theater or, instead, getting executed.
>
> As for either politicos or devas/asuras, I'm not on anyone's side
> but most assuredly I'm not on the side of immense beings whose
> leisure and amusement is to play out their designs in the human
> realm.

Nice post, and excellent last paragraph above, EB.

That's my position with regard to Veda-thumpers.
They'd like to have it both ways...that the wars,
petty ego squabbles and genocides that fill the
pages of the "Vedic literature" they equate with
Truth are all metaphors, and not to be taken at
face value, but at the same time if they project
something like one of the verses suggesting that
man can achieve faster-than-lightspeed and travel
to other planets, that is Truth Incarnate.  :-)

The fascinating thing to me when dealing with
Veda-thumpers is that they really don't see that
the actions of the gods and goddesses described
in its pages are *completely human*. Wars are
fought and whole tribes are exterminated because
some guy boinked someone else's old lady, or ran
off with some other god's sacred cow. It's Soap
Opera In The Sky.

And we're supposed to believe that these petty,
completely-ruled-by-emotion, jealous-of-each-other
assholes run the fuckin' universe, and that we
should not only believe that they are In Charge
of our lives but *revere* them for being In Charge
by praying to them and offering them shit they want,
like rice and ghee and off-key chanting?

At least the Christian God is an old fart who mainly
sits on a throne and strokes His long, hoary beard
and lets His son do the dirty work for Him. In
their mythology He doesn't go running around trying
to pork other people's wives. If one had to believe
that some "immense being" was In Charge, better
this one than the petty gods and goddesses of
Brahmaloka in my opinion.

> This of course sounds like fantasy to most people.

It sounds like fantasy to me, too. What is fascin-
ating is that there are some -- even on this forum
-- who accept it as not only reality but the
Ultimate Reality. Go figure.