--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <fest...@...> wrote:

> My guess is that the bigger problem than people being
> banned is that many people here simply don't want to
> go to the domes any more. They did it for 10-20 years
> in many cases but no longer have the same interest in
> it. Seems inevitable to me. Perspectives change. You
> can't expect people to do the same thing forever. The
> only way to keep up the numbers in the dome is for the
> movement to replenish itself with younger people who
> are new and keen, but it has not proved very effective
> at doing that.

I thought that this was an interesting post, not
only because of its refreshing honesty, but because
that honesty was completely ignored and not followed
up here on FFL.

Feste makes probably the best point made so far with
regard to the "desperation to fill the domes" -- the
inability of those who want to fill them to figure
out why they're empty.

Duh. It's because people don't want to go sit on a
bunch of slabs of foam among a bunch of sweating,
grunting people and bounce on their butts. And the
reason *WHY* they don't want to do this was expressed
by Maharishi clearly in the early years of his teach-
ing, which I paraphrase as "The natural tendency of
the mind is to want to go towards that which is more
charming or blissful or enlivening."

The only reason the "dome numbers" are as high as
they are is that the TMO has imported a great number
of brown-skinned slave boys to raise those numbers.
Let's face it -- if sufficient "bliss" were really
there to attract other people to the domes, not only
is "banning" not the issue, *money* isn't the issue,
because Mr. Settle is willing to pay them to bounce
on their butts as a full-time job, just as he pays
the brown-skinned slave boys.

The larger issue is what Feste says. No one *wants* to
go bounce on their butts twice a day. So been there,
done that, they can't even be paid enough to do it any
more. THAT strikes me as the issue that the "Trustees"
meeting in Fairfield should be discussing, not more
ways to get people to pay for more brown-skinned slave
boy pundits. They're trying to get people to do some-
thing that violates the natural tendency of the mind
to want to go towards that which is more enjoyable.
They're trying to get people to do something that
is no fucking fun.