Vaj,
What does that mean to you, "special training as a yogi"?
Whatever that means, this is going to be very difficult to verify, one way or
the other.
And it is clear that Maharishi was a close disciple of Brahmanandaji's as he is
in many of the old photos with him, whereas most of the other disciples are not
in these photos.  Of course that does not necessarily mean that he recieved any
special training, but it does imply that he was more than just a clerk.