Just like Maharishi said, 'government is an innocent reflection of the
collective consciousness of a nation'.

I interpret that in terms of our federal deficit to mean that 'if we are a
nation of people who spend more than we earn, we will have a government that
spends more than it earns'.

We are all to blame for the defecit, IMHO.  Of course there are some honest
workers on this forum who don't expect benefits they haven't earned, but across
the board Americans are in a fantasy world regarding how much effort they need
to put forth in relation to the benefits they recieve.  That's why credit cards
are maxed out, people buy homes they can't really afford, and loans are taken
out for things people don't really need.  Most Americans are no different than
the politicians they blame for everything.  The only difference is that the
politicians are in a position where their ignorance has a more catastrophic
effect.

seekliberation