And to be caught up in revulsion towards your own genitals
is even stranger.  I find it very revealing that many in the TMO
refer to "the genitals" as if they are something "out there", and
the phrase is usually accompanied with body language of
distinct distaste.  Sort of on the same level as talking about
a particularly smelly bag of garbage...

To revile an essential part of your body is remarkably foolsih,
IMO, and unfortunately very widespread in the TMO.  So much
revulsion over such a long period of time cannot be healthy.