While not arguing your point, it would be difficult to name one valid
study that remotely supports higher states of consciousness, the divine,
Brahman, shakti, guru darshan, or even love.

And not one study remotely disproves jyotish (as if jyotish is one thing.
Disproving one school does not disprove all of jyotish.)

I am not a fan or promoter of jyotish -- but I have found some uncanny
coincidences using it to view my personal life. Such as life timelines -- and
when a number of major events have occurred.

Regardless, just as a mental exercise, doing jyotish in your head - has got to
be enlivening new neuro-pathways -- the shape and structure of  various charts
and its various dimensions has an enlivening complexity, IMO.

Your critic seems to dwell on global predictions -- which is a little tiny
branch of jyotish -- mundane. Far more jyotish on personal level.

I am disappointed when jyotish enthusiasts make bold predictions and then claim
-- but because of jupiter aspect it may not happen. Thus it may happen, it may
not.  At least a broken clock has a higher prediction success rate - twice a
day.

But this odd fellow appears to find value in jyotish. But what does he know?
Clearly nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReP7zu_6uL0&feature=related

Me, I don't know.