Peter <drpetersutp...@...> wrote:

> As you say, different strokes for different folks. This is why it is
> profoundly important on a spiritual path that you take advantage of what your
> karma delivers on your doorstep, but also that you are self-referrential
> enough to recognize when it is time to find another path towards that common
> goal.

Buddhism was one of those things I kept meaning to check out, but never did.
Closest I got was reading Herman Hesse's Siddhartha in high school, and trying
hard to make it meaningful for me (but did not succeed)

But reading some of the comments about the Buddhist approach to meditation, I
think it is likely that I would not have been well suited to that.  I was more
drawn to a service path.