authfriend wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:
>
>> wle...@... wrote:
>>

>>> An  Urgent Message from Our Sponsor, The League of American
>>> Voters
>>>
>>> More Than  100,000 Americans Sign Fred Thompson's Petition
>>> to Renew the  Bush Tax Cuts
>>>

>> So you get a Bush tax cut?  Probably not.  So why would you
>> care?  Are you just a useful idiot?
>>

> Almost everybody got a "Bush tax cut." But the only
> one they're thinking of allowing to lapse is the one
> on income over $250,000.

You mean those $300 or $600 checks?  They may have called them tax cuts
but they were more like "rebates".   At least Obama's administration
called them "stimulus" checks.

Technically I'm someone who DID benefit from Bush tax cuts because of
some cuts in taxes on selling stocks.  This is where Bill Clinton even
got his tax cut.  And no I've never made over $250K a year.
> But if the tax cut on income over $250K is allowed to
> expire, even people with incomes over $250K will still
> continue to get the same tax cut on their first $250K
> of income as those with incomes at or under $250K.
>
> In any case, most of those 100,000 Americans who
> signed the petition have been misled about what's
> being proposed, unless *their* income is over $250K.
> If it's at or under, the proposal won't affect them
> at all.

Undoubtedly few of the truly rich signed that petition.  That's not the
way the very rich do things.  Most likely it is people who don't have a
pot to piss in and have been hoodwinked by the right who signed it.
Like Michael Moore says they are group who wildly believe that someday
they'll be millionaires and have tax breaks.  They also erroneously
believe that just "working hard" will make you rich when in reality
"working smart" "can" make you rich.  "Working hard" usually just leads
to exhaustion. ;-)