Shankara, 3.12:

Here, some split up the phrase anaadimatparam as anaadi and matparam
because, if the word anaadimat is taken as a bahuvriihi  compound, then
the suffix mat (matup) becomes redundant, which is undesirable.

Translator Svami Gambhiiraananda:

That  which has no (a) beginning (aadi). Matup is used to denote
possession. Since the idea of possession is already implied in anaadi,
therefore  matup, if added after it, becomes redundant.

The commentator (Shankara) accepts anaadimat as a naƱ-tatpurus.a
compound. If, however , the  bahuvriihi is insisted on, then the mat
after anaadi should be taken as completing the number of syllables
needed for versification. So, mat need not be compounded with param.