But the Gita gives some pretty good advice oncerning
this situation and what to do about it, no?  It isn't
as though it fails to acknowledge what the problem is
or to suggest a solution.

----Bear with me.  Say you have two guys drinking in Tijuana. One of them is buying the drinks, as he does every time. The other guy is his best bud. There are some filthy whores lined against both walls, Mexican on one side, and Vietnamese on the other.  Tthe guy buying tells the other, Dude, go fuck the Mexican chick. If you don't everyone will think you're a faggot. If you do I'll buy you another beer.  What's the difference between this and the Gita?