--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>

> > eating out in Iowa restaurants. I fully expect you to
> > do justice to the look on her face when she sees what
> > Americans call "French dressing" and sees the wine list
> > for the first time. "What ees this 'Ripple,' cheri...
> > is it one of those wines from Languedoc that we hear
> > about but would never try?"
>
> I think you may have already nailed the best bits!

And I didn't even get to the cheese course. :-)

Just wait until she discovers the Eighth Wonder
of the World, "squeaky cheese," a Midwest phenom-
enon I will not attempt to describe because I
would have to relive the experience.

The episode of "Mr. and Mrs. King move to Iowa"
I'd like to write is when they go on a road trip
and have to eat American road food. Crowns and
robes or not, I'd like to describe the scene as
they hit their first Denny's:

Da Queen: "What ees zis 'Patty Melt?'"
Waitress: "It's a patty melt, honey. An open-face
hamburger covered with beans and chili with cheese
melted over the top. Ya want freedom fries with
that?"
Da Queen: "Just ze water, please."

You really did hit the nail on the head with this
rap, Curtis. It's going to be a ZOO.