In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...> wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2010, at 1:41 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:
>
> > I appreciate the sentiment and the intention.  But it is just not that
> > easy.  It is perfectly possible for a person to internally contextualize
> > the fact that Maharishi was not celibate and still hold him as the second
> > coming in every other way.  If the discussions here have taught me
> > anything, it is that there is no counter-evidence so strong that it will
> > shake a person's belief in Maharishi's supernatural holiness, if that
> > belief is serving a person in some way.
>
> Big "if" there, don't you think?
> Curtis, can't one practice TM and feel it is doing a lot
> for them w/out getting into the whole holiness BS thing?

Of course, we are both proof of that, but I think this is less likely at this
level of involvement.  The MUM curriculum is as belief agenda driven as TTC.

> > Remember Robin's air drop of pamphlets over the campus?
>
> Different times, my dear...
> But wasn't that a gas?? :)

I was curled up in my phobic response!

> >  The ones that were supposed to wake us all up to the "truth"?  It only
> > made us cling together more strongly in our "rightness" against the common
> > outside threat.
>
> Yeah, and look where it got us. :)
> Hopefully this generation is a bit smarter.
>
> Sal

I'm not counting on the new generation to be any less vulnerable to group-think
since I don't view it as a function of intelligence.  It is deep in our social
programming and has served a function for thousands of years.  With the really
low level of general reading in this new batch I am sure what to think about
the crew who will take over from us.  I just know they will be doing it with
more debt!