--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

> Theological research shows that most of the apostles were uneducated
> fishermen from Galilee, with the exception of St. Luke, who was a physician,
> and St. Paul, who was a former Pharisee.  It is generally accepted that the
> disciples of the apostles wrote the gospels decades after the death of Jesus.
>  In effect, the apostles and the early Christian followers were the first
> hand witnesses.  Thus, the historical accounts came from these sources.
>
> But there is a strong argument that St. Luke wrote his own gospel based on
> his actual witness account.
>
> St. Paul did not actually see Jesus when he was alive.  But he was learned in
> the Jewish tradition.  He was also a Roman citizen.  Thus, he understood the
> meaning of Jesus' message and synthesized the teachings in universal terms to
> appeal to Gentiles as well as the Jewish community.

John, I am quite familiar with orthodox Christians' view of Christianity. If
you would like to familiarize yourself with mine, I'd suggest you read Freke &
Gandy's "The Jesus Mysteries: Was the 'Original Jesus"' a Pagan God?" for a
glimpse at Christianity's powerful Archetypal underpinnings, followed by Joseph
Atwill's "Caesar's Messiah" for a look at the possible political motivations
behind the creation of a historical Jesus, and then we'll talk.