--- On Fri, 12/31/10, John <jr_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: John <jr_...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Was Jesus Really Born on December 25th?
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Friday, December 31, 2010, 12:20 AM
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> "authfriend" <jst...@...> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> "RoryGoff" <rorygoff@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> Christians' view
> familiarize yourself
> Gandy's "The Jesus
> God?" for a
> Archetypal underpinnings,
> Messiah" for a look
> the creation
> > >
> > > The titles look interesting.  We'll revisit
> this theme when
> > > the discussion comes up again.  In the
> meantime, I'll look for
> > > them.  Thanks.
> >
> > I'd also strongly recommend the book emptybill cited,
> > Hyam Maccoby's "The Mythmaker: Paul and the Invention
> > of Christianity." It's an eye-opener, whether or not
> > you buy all his arguments, and it's a terrific read.
> >

> Judy, this book looks controversial by its title.  The
> subject has been addressed before.  The question
> remains:  If St. Paul made up his story, why would he
> die for it?

Great comment, John! We make up a lot of crap, but to gladly die for it? All I
know is that around 2000 years ago some guy walking around in a human body woke
up to something HUGE and it's still there today underneath a lot of conceptual
garbage. Whether his name was Bob, Frank or Rory, I don't know, nor does it
matter. He was a very special and dear doorway into the Big Mystery, for lack
of any other term, of existence. Still there, right now, always loving, always
inviting, always giving.