On Jan 5, 2011, at 8:02 PM, Marcio wrote:

> ok everybody talked talked talked, but about the techniques of mantra about
> the details of the additions of fertilizer nobody said almost nothing, anyone
> know about the different versions of tm-sidhid ?
>
> why reason MMY only selected 18 Sutras of Patanjali ... there are several
> Sutras of Patanjali in his book, but because reason MMY chose only some
> sutras ? someone can tell the reason?

On the original experimental courses, which were brought out at the moment the
TM Org was about to go broke as a money-making idea, some were discarded and
some were kept. I can post the original set when I have time.

According to the successor of Tat Walla Baba there were several defects in the
TM-Sidhi program: one was what you mention, they are supposed to ALL be done in
sequence, not merely a subset. They are also supposed to be done in natural
language, Sanskrit (not English).

Of course this would all depend on whether you accept Tat Walla Baba (and his
successor) as authorities. The Shankaracharya tradition is quite emphatic on
not cultivating yogic siddhis at all, it's not supportive of balanced awakening
and also tends to make some people very egocentric. They get enamoured with
their own experiences or experience in general