So that's your background, RD...
And all along I've assumed you were a former roadie-street type person
with a name like Raunchy Dog, when in fact you've had quite a
spiritually clean background over the years.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...>
wrote:

> I became a teacher in Biarritz, France in 1976. Maharishi was there to
give us the TM mantras. I'm grateful to him for this knowledge and I
feel honor bound to "keep the teaching pure" as he asked me to do. I
haven't taught anyone in years, but I've always been amazed at the utter
simplicity of imparting the mantra after the puja. I feel blessed to
have witnessed people transcending for the first time...so delicately,
innocently, and beautifully. It's a joy. All I can say is, Jai Guru Dev
and bow down.

> I don't experiment with mantras. I figure, if it ain't broke, don't
fix it. I do TM as instructed. I've had several advanced techniques, the
age of enlightenment technique and the TM-Sidhis. I was on the Vedic
Atom in India with Maharishi where I did a lot of rounding and also,
long programs in the dome for many years. I've trimmed program down to
about an hour twice a day. I don't go to the dome regularly, but I like
to go when I'm not too busy with work or family. When I retire, I'd like
to do a longer program again, but for now, I'm happy as it is.
Maharishi's program has given me peace in my heart and silence in my
awareness and that's plenty good enough for me.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" emptybill@ wrote:
> >

> > This question is interesting and might be valuable to consider.
However
> > it is too simplistic to answer in a straightforward way.
> >

> > Since some of us were trained as TM teachers, the real question
about
> > non-diksha mantras revolves around knowing how entertain a
> > "book" mantra by knowing how to introduce it to the mind. Other
> > questions revolve around the type and the length of the mantra.
> >

> > Most people here are used to practicing a monosyllabic mantra core
that
> > is enhanced with extra syllables. But starting out with
> > "foreign" mantras and then asking if they work the same is just
> > too simplistic of an approach.
> >

> > Most teachers (post 197o) learned a whole list of core mantra bijas.
> > Later they found out that these bijas corresponded with various
devata
> > mantras recorded in the Tantras. However just picking out a devata
> > mantra (such as NaraSingha or Kalika) is not at all the same
experience
> > as using one of the TM bija sets.)
> >

> > So can we start with teachers who have meditated with other
bija-akshara
> > mantras in the set they received when we were "made" initiators?
> >

> > I'll starting with the followingk observation:
> >

> > I received my mantra-set from MMY personally (mouth-to-ear) at
Fiuggi in
> > 1972. Because I was already familiar with Sir John Woodruff's books
> > on Tantrika mantra-shastra, the mantras and their associated devatas
was
> > not news to me since I already understood that the mantras were
given as
> > traditional devata names in Woodruff's many works.
> >

> > Much later, when I worked briefly with different bija-s from the
list, I
> > found them all to be quite potent once I indeed entertained them in
my
> > awareness just as if they were my own mantra-of-initiation.
> >

> > I didn't continue using them to replace my own diksha mantra because
> > I did not see any point in doing so. However, reading various
Tantric
> > shastras and their sadhanas shows that this can be a vary powerful
way
> > to deepen and concentrated the root shakti of the tradition.
> >

> > So teachers … what say you?

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "yifuxero" <yifuxero@> wrote:
> > >
> > > No, Richard.  My point is based on experience. During my TM
> > initiation, I experienced some definite SHAKTI, along with what the
TMO

http://www.startlingart.com/Viewer.asp?ImageSource=fine_art&FileName=Pri\
\