--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, pibssmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just wonderded if anyone else had similar opinions and seems they
> do. I definitley feel a major slow down. The rich have left town the
> ones who built 5 years ago cant afford to stay in their houses due
> to no jobs, ill health, empty nesters , movment is slowing down for
> sure , popultion here is shrinking, all of the above. Life changes
> and you  have to really protect any assest you have in FF.
> All said I would love one of these house just for the fact that it
> is new and mine is old but at a steal of a deal only as I know I
> will never recoup that money or very little. lets face it even if
> things were different who is going to be around in 20 years that
> would even buy it. We will all be old going to smaller one story or
> the assited living home or moving in with each other and taking care
> of each other and our less fortunate friends and will be poorer most
> and the movement and schools here and shrinking.

One factor that limits exposure and therefore the interest in FF
properties is that most properties apparently are not on MLS (multiple
listing service) and thus national realty databases such as
Reatlor.com don't pick them up.

Realtor.com shows only 5 listings for FF, mostly lots.
http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListings.asp?locallnk=yes&frm=bymap&mnbed=0&mnbath=0&mnprice=0&mxprice=99999999&js=off&pgnum=1&lnksrc=&fid=so&mnsqft=&mls=xmls&areaid=92855&typ=1%2C+2%2C+3%2C+4%2C+5%2C+6%2C+7&poe=realtor&ct=Fairfield&st=IA&sbint=&vtsort=

A lot of people search the country on these data bases looking for
value, particularly as west/east coast properties skyrocket well
beyond the affordability of most residents (based on income).

With greater exposure, FF real estate might be viewed as quite a
bargin for some -- retireees, and workers not tied geographically to
their jobs (writers, programmers, tele-commuters, etc.)