Well, it makes a better story if you say it was about
ice cream, and the Gestapo guy's phrasing was
hilarious, no question about it. I can just hear him
barking it at you.

But it was really about leaving the hotel when you
weren't supposed to. The Gestapo guy mentioned the ice
cream, I suspect, to suggest that it was a rather
frivolous reason for breaking a rule that could
potentially get you thrown off the course (as opposed
to, say, going to the drugstore to buy some necessary
medication that you'd run out of).

Whether the rule about not leaving the hotel made sense
is the real issue, but if you pretend it was about
eating ice cream, that question never gets discussed.